currently, i have it set such that people with at least some programming experience should be able to remap keys, change the baud rate, as well as set a loop delay easily! the program is ready and should be easy enough for use for most people, i am currently finishing up on documentation and licensing, i should be able to release the software and some documentation by 00:00 UTC+8, 14th of janurary!
Hello everyone! a lot of you will probably know that i have been working on a GUI heavy remapping software for the diverge, progress is slow and there are also other more imp0rtant tasks i have to deal with.
A lot of you have been asking for remapping capability, so, i hereby announces the UniqueK Arduino IDE, an open sourced (barely) forked version of the arduino 1.5.8 IDE that will act as a stopgap and developer tool until i get my software done.
The IDE should allow even newbies to remap keys and change the baud rate of the keyboard.
I will also release the source code to the 2.7 version of the firmware for the diverge keyboard, this firmware is the firmware currently running on all diverge keyboards.
Hey everyone! i just feel obliged to mention that i was sick for quite a long time and i may have missed some of your messages if you sent them to me from around 28th december to today
All is well now and i am now back at working on various things
currently, 2 things are lacking as i am waiting for them to arrive/ship
the PCBs are shipped yesterday and should arrive within 1-3 days, anyone who did not purchase key caps or anyone who purchased the OEM PBT key caps should expect shipping within 4-5 daysEDIT: the pcbs just arrived after i wrote this blog post, expect shipping for people who did not purchase ABS key caps within 3 days
- the ABS key caps just started production due to hickups with my guy from the factory, i am terribly sorry about that, he promises to finish production by the weekend, sorry about this, but shipping for the people who purchased the ABS flat profile key caps will have to wait for around a fortnight
meanwhile, i thought i should share some photos of the things that have arrived
the above is a large box containing the acrylic cases, in the middle, you will see a cylinder of mysterous badges, i will give out a free, unique terminus for the first person to be able to guess whats on the badge
here are the PBT key caps, like i said, i have no connections for ordering PBT key caps, so i had to order them retail and make my own set out of them, hence their pricy nature
here are the microUSB cables, 2 meters long, shielded with extra long tip
here we have a bunch of fresh, unopened and unprogrammed pro micro controllers
huge bunch of pcbs, my manufacturer boddy kindly vacuum sealed them in 2 packages
Since i just started this blog, would like to mention my current progress, pictures will be added later
here’s a list of things that i have completed
- Order keyboard parts
- Custom software driver to driver synchronous Fn, Pm and layser switching, written in C#, so it currently only works on windows machines
- Acrylic frames have arrived from the manufacturer
- PBT OEM key caps have arrived from the manufacturer
- Controllers have arrived from the manufacturer
- Diodes have arrived from the manufacturer
- There are enough existing switches
here’s a list of things that i have to complete
- Flat profile ABS key caps are having manufacturer problems at the moment, production hasnt start
- Working on custom GUI software for customising the keyboard layouts
- Shipping containers are not chosen yet
- PCB is manufacturing, should arrive in 1-3 days
Hello everyone, Blahlicus here! i will post progress updates over here so that people interested could be kept up to date about the status and affairs of UniqueK